MLRC provides media organizations and leading media attorneys with the essential tools they need to advance First Amendment and media rights, and fosters a supportive community in which counsel can discuss emerging legal issues and prepare for the future of communication.
MLRC was founded in 1980 by leading American publishers and broadcasters to assist in defending and protecting free press rights under the First Amendment. Today MLRC is supported by leading publishers, broadcasters, and cable programmers, internet operations, media and professional trade associations, and media insurance professionals in America and around the world.
Our Members Include
MLRC's Media Members are over 100 of the world's leading publishers, broadcasters, cable programmers, internet companies, and media insurance professionals.
The MLRC’s Defense Counsel Section includes more than 200 law firms worldwide that specialize in media defense representation — from AmLaw 100 firms to solo practitioners.
The Media Law Resource Center is headed by a board selected from the organization’s media members, plus the president of the MLRC Defense Counsel Section and the MLRC Executive Director. The Defense Counsel Section has its own Executive Committee which oversees the activities of that segment of the MLRC membership.View the Board
Benefits of Membership
All the lawyers working for a member organization can enjoy an array of benefits:
- Participation in over 15 subject matter committees
- Invitations to members-only conferences and events, an invaluable networking resource
- Webinars with top lawyers, journalists, and newsmakers
- Publications – our indispensable updates of breaking media law, policy, and business issues, including court decisions, briefs and legislative initiatives.
- Practice Guides and resources created by our Committees
- A private listserv for members to crowdsource legal and other issues
- A private member job board with exclusive listings of open legal positions at member organizations
- Member discounts on the MLRC publications and events
- A listing in our member directory, a key resource to find media counsel
Log in to access all content
Not a member yet?
Join MLRC today!
We provide you with essential tools to advance First Amendment and media rights, and a supportive community in which to discuss emerging legal issues and the future of communication.