Senior Vice President, Legal, NBCU News Group
The Senior Vice President, News Group, is the primary business and commercial lawyer to the News Group. The SVP oversees a broad range of commercial and digital technology transactions, provides strategic advice to senior executives, and leads a team of transactional attorneys. The position is based in New York and reports to the General Counsel of NBCUniversal News Group.
- Counsel News Group Business Development and other senior executives on deal strategy, negotiation, contract structure and contract performance, and dispute resolution.
- Negotiate, draft and oversee legal support for: technology and other vendor deals that enable content creation, distribution and monetization; content licenses to third parties and platforms, and content acquisition for use and display on News Group platforms; partner, sponsor, and affiliate deals and other strategic transactions; and other general commercial agreements. Substantive deal areas include, for example, joint ventures, streaming and audio distribution, advertising technology, software acquisition, subscription services, e-commerce, and events.
- Lead a team of 4 transactional attorneys and contribute to the News Group’s senior legal team.
- Partner with specialists across the company on media law issues, finance, tax, insurance, labor and employment, intellectual property, privacy and IT security.
- Mentor and support lawyers within the News Group; contribute to an inclusive, collaborative team culture; demonstrate leadership; and take initiative to drive the commercial success of our news business.
- 14+ years of transactional legal experience counseling clients in the news, media or entertainment industry.
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school or comparable educational institution in the relevant jurisdiction. Member in good standing of the State Bar of New York, or another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel.
- Deep knowledge of legal issues pertaining to linear, digital, streaming, and mobile display and distribution of content.
- Strong background in intellectual property, including copyright licensing.
- Management experience.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
For more information and to apply, click here.