Production Attorney, Walt Disney Co.
Nationally syndicated daytime talk show is looking for a production attorney with previous production or other entertainment/media law experience to join the show.
Job Duties Include:
- Drafting and negotiating production contracts and releases, including talent and participant agreements, materials releases, guest appearance releases and location releases.
- Conducting review of creative decks, footage, produced segments, interviews and scripting to advise on potential legal issues and claims involving copyright/fair use, defamation, invasion of privacy, and news gathering torts. Advising on retraction demands or other litigation threats and coordinate with litigators on legal actions.
- Working closely with Broadcast Standards and Practices to ensure all show content falls within approved guidelines.
- Assist with union/guild (e.g., SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, IATSE, etc.) matters and related issues and work with internal labor counsel when necessary.
- Negotiate and draft non-disclosure agreements, trade-out agreements, appearance releases and riders, service agreements, employment and other ordinary course-of business contracts.
- Negotiate and draft branded entertainment agreements, commercial production services agreement and oversee all related production legal matters.
- Preferably has at least two (2) – four (4) years of experience at an entertainment law firm, network, studio, distribution company, agency, or production company, optimally including production legal experience on television shows, films and/or digital projects.
- NY Bar admission or registration in NY as in-house counsel.
- Knowledge of and preferably experience in defamation, privacy, and copyright law.
- A positive, tenacious and energetic can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous/Passionate attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- An excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism.
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, strategic thinking, and legal reasoning skills.
- Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate regularly with that team.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to work independently with minimal supervision.
For more information and to apply, click here.