Mid-Level Associate, Klaris Law
Klaris Law PLLC has an opening for a mid-level associate to join the firm’s transactional practice. We are a boutique media, entertainment, technology, and intellectual property law firm that guides our clients through a changing IP and digital environment as a strategic partner, advisor, and legal resource. The firm’s practice extends across traditional and new media, entertainment, art, technology, and web3 engagements, and supports clients at every stage of business development, from negotiating deals and clearing content for broadcast or publication, to managing disputes and defending claims. Clients rely on the firm’s ability to augment in-house legal resources and respond nimbly to urgent matters, as facilitated by hands-on, day-to day client interaction and close collaboration among the lawyers.
Although associates of the firm are encouraged to contribute to the full breadth of the firm’s practice, this position primarily will support the firm’s commercial transactional work. In this role, the associate will have the opportunity to refine their skills as legal counselor and advocate by handling a wide variety of sophisticated and engaging media and marketing transactions.
The associate will be responsible for structuring, drafting, negotiating and analyzing commercial agreements primarily on behalf of media and entertainment companies, including for the following engagements:
- Brand integration and custom content programs, and related agreements with content producers, talent and influencers;
- Agency or advertiser insertion orders and addenda to IAB standard terms for media ad buys;
- Marketing services agreements for social media programming, events and other activations;
- Sponsorship agreements, including for live events, podcasts and other media;
- SaaS agreements with ad tech vendors, including for sales enablement, audience research, ad impact, and campaign measurement services;
- Ad sales distribution partner relationships;
- Editorial content procurement, including serial rights, book embargo, author, artist, licensed content and stock house agreements;
- Media brand and content licensing; and
- IT and tech support services.
- 3+ years of transactional experience at a law firm and/or in-house
- Active license to practice law in New York and/or California
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable interest in media, technology and entertainment businesses;
- A background in one or more of the following: advertising and promotion laws (contests and sweepstakes, social media marketing, native advertising), technology transactions, and data protection laws, with experience in content creation and/or ad tech services a plus;
- A talent for streamlining negotiations, and a keen desire to find common ground;
- A passion for the law, desire for excellence, interpersonal skills, and unending curiosity;
- The ability to translate complicated legal principles into clear, concise English;
- Interest in joining a boutique law firm with a strong culture of collegiality, autonomy and focus on both quality and client services; and
- Enthusiasm for juggling many matters simultaneously.
Klaris is growing rapidly and works with companies of all sizes.
For more information and to apply, click here.