Media Content Attorney, CNN
WarnerMedia is seeking a dynamic media content attorney with passion for journalism and new forms of storytelling for a position as Counsel to CNN.
What will you be doing?
Primary responsibilities will include providing pre-publication legal advice concerning First Amendment/defamation, newsgathering, privacy, copyright, FOIA/access, reporter’s privilege and other media law matters for television and digital platforms. There will also be periodic client education responsibilities. The position is based in Atlanta, and some travel may be required.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum of two to five years of experience with a top tier law firm or similar in-house legal department.
- Strong interpersonal communication and client relationship building skills.
- A high level of confidence and flexibility in making independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- J.D. degree from a top tier law school and admission to a state bar required
- Excellent academic credentials and solid references a must.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in advising media on newsgathering issues and pre-publication vetting of content but not required.
- Other news or media law experience a plus, such as defending media clients in First Amendment and/or intellectual property litigation.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus (oral and written).
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
For more information and to apply, click here.