Lead Counsel Entertainment, Product Legal, Facebook
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Lead Counsel who is enthusiastic about technology and its potential for positive impact in peoples’ lives to join Facebook’s product counseling legal team. You will regularly meet with product teams and other cross-functional partners and advise the company on our entertainment products, such as our audio-visual services. You will also work with Facebook’s international teams and will advise on relevant global issues in consultation with local counsel.
- Serve as the primary legal point of contact and advisor for product, engineering teams and other business teams
- Review products, features and business initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide and coordinate legal advice across complex and multifaceted legal issues such as data protection and privacy, intermediary liability, consumer protection, competition and other global legal frameworks
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to analyze and communicate legal risks to the business
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, product management, engineering, product marketing and other cross-functional teams on product development and launches
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of experience, from a law firm or in-house experience (including applicable product counseling, regulatory, privacy, music/audio, or litigation experience)
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, building relationships, and providing practical legal risk mitigation strategies under deadlines
- Preferred Qualifications
- Interest in entertainment products such as music, social audio, and/or podcasts
- In-house experience at a technology company
- Experience counseling product and technical teams
- Interest in understanding and counseling on technical products
For more information and to apply, click here.