First Amendment Fellow, Center for Investigative Reporting
Reveal is looking for a full-time First Amendment Fellow to join our legal department. This one-year paid position will allow the fellow the chance to work closely as an associate with in-house counsel.
Responsibilities will include working alongside Reveal’s General Counsel to assist with:• Reviewing articles, podcasts, and documentaries prior to publication.
- Researching newsgathering questions.
- Helping reporters file public records requests and writing appeal letters.
- Assisting with filing and litigating freedom of information requests and court-access cases, defending libel suits, and providing support on other litigation.
- Reviewing and editing amicus briefs.
- Researching intellectual property matters.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Admission to the California bar by January 2023 is required.
- 1-3 years of experience. We would also welcome a 2022 law school graduate.
- A strong academic record with excellent research and writing skills.
- An exceptional ability to work with others, including staff and outside counsel.
- A demonstrated deep interest in media law and the First Amendment.
- A great sense of humor and collegial attitude.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
For more information and to apply, click here.