Counsel – Revenue Transactions, Vox Media
Vox Media is seeking a self-motivated transactions attorney who has familiarity with digital advertising and custom content, event and experiential sponsorships and activations, vendor agreements, and media buying and IOs to join its legal team. This position will support and advise Vox Media’s revenue teams, including ad sales, conferences / experiential, brand marketing, and e-commerce. The ideal candidate will be business minded and bring excellent drafting and negotiation skills. The position reports to the Assistant General Counsel, Revenue Transactions and is either based in NYC or regional to NYC in order to allow periodic travel to Vox Media’s New York office. This is an ideal opportunity to play a key role in supporting the company’s rapid growth.
What you’ll do
- Draft, negotiate and/or review digital advertising insertion orders and custom content agreements for the creation and distribution of advertising content across varied media and formats.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review vendor, sponsorship, and events-related agreements to support Vox Media’s tentpole conferences, internal and external events and experiential activations, and other marketing initiatives.
- Advise on issues related to the creation of commercial content.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of Vox Media business units, including the event/conference, ad sales, partnerships & strategy, ad ops, revenue ops, product, marketing, and e-commerce teams.
- Support efforts to create efficiencies for various lines of business, including developing policies, processes, templates, assessment of content-related regulations, best practices, and other general support as needed.
- Conduct legal research on a variety of issues, including around advertising policies.
What you’ll bring:
- A law degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required and must be a member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- 3+ years relevant legal and/or business affairs experience, preferably in-house or at a law firm working in media, digital media, and/or entertainment industry(ies).
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Practical approach to balancing legal risk with the ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish business objectives.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to quickly digest and understand complex products and services, while identifying key issues and risks.
- Experience working in a cross-departmental, cross-functional role requiring excellent client relationship skills, including the ability to independently solicit the advice and input of different stakeholders as necessary and appropriate.
- Professional, personable, approachable and courteous demeanor.
- Creative, collaborative, ‘roll up your sleeves type’ of team player, who can function independently.
- Curious and inquisitive personality and ability to adapt to unforeseen or new situations.
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with a wide variety of legal matters affecting digital media companies which may include: data privacy, consumer protection laws, talent guilds, e-commerce and affiliate deals, promotions, and/or rights usage/intellectual property issues.
- Experience negotiating and drafting talent and/or influencer agreements for commercial content.
For more information and to apply, click here.