Counsel, Digital Platforms, ViacomCBS Streaming
ViacomCBS Streaming is looking to hire a Counsel, located in New York, to support a wide variety of legal functions for ViacomCBS Streaming’s digital businesses. There will be a focus on the Nickelodeon family of brands (e.g. Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Noggin) and CBS Media Ventures brands (e.g. ET Live, Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, The Drew Barrymore Show, Dr. Phil and The Doctors).
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Support for ET Live and Noggin, two of ViacomCBS’s streaming platforms
- Review, draft, negotiate and analyze a variety of commercial agreements, including digital content licensing and distribution, gaming, strategic partnerships, product development and engineering, advertising sales and operations, master service and vendor agreements, digital content production, native advertising and marketing
- Support for product, engineering, social media, and other digital business teams with advice across many subject areas including privacy and data protection laws and regulations, regulatory compliance and corporate compliance
- Support for live events, emerging products, and online/mobile gaming teams
- Oversee affiliate link program at ViacomCBS and provide editorial and product mentorship to teams regarding affiliate link best practices
- Work with Product teams to review product changes and advise on legal risks and potential issues
- Coordinate with litigation attorneys on enforcement and dispute matters
- Coordinate with show attorneys and standards & practices team who support linear content production
- Manage risk and advise regarding original content clearance and production and distribution of linear content
- Negotiate agreements that align with company policies and risk tolerance
- Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks, complex deals, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, online privacy, and negotiation strategy
- Developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives for the Nickelodeon network involving Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Children’s Television Act (CTA) and FTC regulations
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials and global law firm experience in either corporate law or commercial and IP transactions; online media experience preferred; admitted to the New York or California Bar.
- Minimum of 5 years of transactional experience, which could include transactional experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, product counsel experience, and/or entertainment marketing or production experience.
- The successful candidate will be a diligent and proactive individual with excellent business judgment and critical thinking, and with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- In-depth experience in contract drafting and analysis, with broad transactional background in areas such as digital distribution (including streaming), technology and content licensing, advertising, and services agreements.
- Experience working with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Children’s Television Act (CTA) and FTC regulations with respect to children’s content a plus.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle various projects with minimal day-to-day oversight/direction
- A veritable media superfan who loves an evolving work environment
For more information, and to apply, click here.
Posted August 30, 2021