Content and Production Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs, A&E Networks
Position is responsible for providing legal counsel in the areas of pre-broadcast/pre-publication review; intellectual property; First Amendment; causes of action common in entertainment and media industry cases, including defamation, privacy and false light; to perform legal analysis, risk assessment, issue spotting, and ongoing support of studio and network productions. Position reports to and supports Vice President, Content and Production, as part of Legal & Business Affairs’ Legal Risk and IP group.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Pre-Broadcast and Production Counseling:
-Support Content and Risk team in advising network and studio executives on legal risk and viability of program concepts, program content and marketing campaigns, working closely with creative teams to find solutions to legal and other impediments.
Production Risk Management:
-Work closely with third-party production companies and vendors to manage all areas of production risk, including COVID and safety guidelines; review and manage all casting diligence; help manage insurance claims and resolve coverage issues.
IP and Litigation Advice and Support:
-Provide support to Intellectual Property and Litigation teams with legal analysis, claims assessments and practical support in all areas, including enforcement of IP rights and defense claims.
General Legal Advice:
-Analyze legal and other risk factors and counsel clients in connection with longer-range projects and urgent and emergency matters where legal, reputational, or safety and security risks need to be evaluated.
- 3 – 5 years of legal practice desirable; minimum 2 years relevant law firm experience or 2 years’ experience in media company legal department; in-house media law practice highly desirable.
- Attorney with experience in pre-broadcast/pre-publication review; intellectual property; First Amendment; causes of action common in entertainment and media industry cases, including privacy, defamation, and false light; performing legal analysis, risk assessment, issue spotting, and ongoing support of studio and network productions. Work closely with creative executives in programming and marketing, IP and litigation attorneys, Standards and Practices team, and others.
- Must have highest level oral and written communication skills and ability to handle high volume of projects simultaneously.
- Prior Production Attorney experience a plus
- Title Commensurate with experience.
Required Education and Admissions:
- J.D., admitted to New York or California Bar
For more information and to apply, click here.