Associate: Production Legal, Klaris Law
Klaris has an opening for an associate to join the firm’s production legal practice. You should have at least 2 years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house and be licensed to practice law in the State of New York or California.
The associate will work on engaging projects of all types and sizes, with production companies, studios, streamers, filmmakers, podcasters, authors and artists across traditional and web3/new media, in a boutique law firm environment, with day-to-day client interaction and management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Transactional experience, drafting, redlining, and negotiating agreements with a keen desire to find common ground;
- Experience with entertainment deals, including business terms and distribution models (knowledge of guild agreements and procedure is a plus);
- Demonstrable interest in and passion for the entertainment business, where it is today and where it is headed;
- The ability to translate complicated legal principles into clear, concise English;
- Interest in joining a boutique law firm with a strong culture of collegiality, autonomy and focus on both quality and client services; and
- Enthusiasm for juggling many matters simultaneously.
Klaris is growing rapidly and works with companies of all sizes.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Alexia Bedat (email@example.com).