Assistant General Counsel, HarperCollins
Our Legal Department is currently seeking an Assistant General Counsel, reporting to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel, to work on a variety of matters that may include advice on defamation, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues, film/TV production, licensing, litigation, marketing and advertising.
- Provide general legal advice on a range of publishing related matters.
- Conduct pre-publication legal review of manuscripts for libel, privacy and other concerns.
- Draft various IP agreements related to publishing rights.
- Draft and oversee film/television production and licensing agreements.
- Supervise litigation and act as liaison with outside counsel.
- Advise marketing and editorial staff on issues related to social media, sweepstakes and contests.
- Advise on consumer product safety and privacy issues.
- 5+ years’ experience working on a wide variety of intellectual property and media law issues, including libel and copyright
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and assist internal clients
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Organized and follow-through skills
- Ability to render clear advice in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens. For more information and to apply, click here.