Assistant General Counsel, Dow Jones
Dow Jones is seeking a litigation attorney with five to ten years of experience representing media companies on defamation, copyright, privacy, court access & freedom of information, and other matters. This attorney will be expected to provide practical legal advice and support in a collegial, fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic and professional credentials, strong interpersonal skills, a superior work ethic, fastidious attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a dedication to ethics and professional responsibility.
- Reviewing articles, videos, podcasts and other materials for legal concerns prior to publication
- Advising and training journalists, and investigating complaints
- Assisting with oversight of Dow Jones’s general litigation portfolio, in the U.S. and abroad
- Helping to negotiate freelance contributor agreements
- Responding to subpoenas
- Working on intellectual property and advertising issues
- J.D. from a reputable law school.
- License to practice law in New York or the ability to obtain an in house limited license.
- Five to ten years of experience handling media law matters
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
For more information and to apply, click here.