MLRC Media Law Conference
The biennial Media Law Conference in Virginia is the most substantive and effective conference for experienced media defense lawyers.
October 4-6, 2023
Lansdowne Resort Hotel, Leesburg VA
Over 300 leading media lawyers attend the conference over three days. The program features an array of plenaries and workshops on hot topics in libel, privacy, newsgathering, copyright/trademark fair use, digital and social media, and more.
In addition, attendees participate in networking activities with colleagues from around the country and the world.
This year’s conference includes plenaries on:
- Generative AI: What can it do and how will it impact media, journalism, law and culture?
- Dominion v. Fox: A panel of experts will discuss what happened and what it means for journalism and the law.
- New Boundaries for Fair Use & Parody: Have the Supreme Court’s decisions in Warhol and Jack Daniel’s transformed the law?
Attendees also select from more than 15 different boutique workshops on a wide array of subjects:
- Entertainment, Media Deals, Music Copyright
- Advertising, FOIA, Anti-SLAPP, Ethics, PrePub Review
- Newsgathering, Libel, Subpoenas & Shield Laws
- Digital Media Law, International, and more
- Full program information coming soon
2021 Media Law Conference
The biennial Media Law Conference is the most substantive and effective conference for experienced media defense lawyers. The conference focuses on the practical aspects of media law and litigation, with a mix of plenary and boutique sessions on a wide variety of topics.
2020 Media Law Conference
The Media Law Conference is the premier legal conference for media defense practitioners. Over 300 lawyers from around the country participate in discussion on the latest developments in the field.