Media Members include any content creators or distributers, whether online, print, broadcast, cable, or other audio-visual means; media and professional trade associations representing media including newspapers, newsletter and book publishers, broadcasters, journalists, authors, news directors and newspaper editors; and media insurance industry entities.
Media Member List as of July 20, 2012
Annual dues are based upon revenue for most Media Members as follows:
- > $1Billion in revenues: $7,500
- $150 Million to $1 Billion in revenues: $4,000
- < $150 Million in revenues: $2,500
- Insurance companies: $4,000
- International members: $2,500
- Press Associations: $350
- Not-for-profit entities should contact
- MLRC MediaLawDaily: published five days a week by e-mail, the Daily links to breaking news stories from the U.S. and the world on media law and business issues, and to decisions, briefs and legislative initiatives.
- MLRC MediaLawLetter: the leading monthly news publication for media defense lawyers, each issue contains articles and updates on court decisions and legislative initiatives of interest in the U.S. and abroad.
- MLRC Bulletin: published three times per year, it contains reports on trends, developments, and news in First Amendment law and litigation. The MLRC Bulletin also publishes the results of MLRC-initiated statistical studies and symposia.
- All articles and reports issued by MLRC and its committees.
- Invitations to all MLRC conferences and events.
- Online access to all MLRC Litigation Resources, including Brief, Jury Instruction, Expert, and Newsroom Seminar Banks.
- Committees: MLRC members can volunteer to join one of our issue-oriented committees to confer and network in smaller groups with other members. The committees cover a wide range of subject matter, from litigation practices and legislation to developments on the internet and internationally.
- Eligibility for discounts on the MLRC 50-State Surveys
- MLRC MediaDaily: designed for non-legal employees of our Media Membership and drawn from MLRC’s hugely successful MediaLawDaily, this daily publication (via email) emphasizes business, labor and technical issues. MLRC Media Members are invited to sign up any employee of their corporation for this daily subscription and MLRC will send the MediaDaily to them directly.